Welcome to Closet Half Empty

I am actually an optimist at heart but when it comes to clothes I always feel that I never have enough - thus my closet is always 'half empty'. What happens when you stop looking in malls for clothes and start looking back into your own closet?



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Favorites

Favorites.

You know the outfits that,if it wasn't weird, you would wear over and over and over again? Well it may be a little early in my blog for this post but I wanted to talk about my favorite outfit. I wore it Tuesday. Typically I reserve this outfit for special occasions at work.. Occasions where I want my outfit to scream 'I am confident,' 'I am smart,' I am completely put together'. Unfortunately yesterday I had a "low" day so I felt my outfit went wasted. Until this outfit picked-up a few compliments, and it definitely helped my mood to smile and say thank you. It is a really great outfit. It is a grey skirt with pleats that have different fun fabrics on the insides. It fits me perfectly and paired with a crisp white button down it screams - professional but with personality. I wish everyone of my outfits made me feel the way this one does and look this good. Which is part of what I am trying to accomplish this year - get rid of those pieces that make me feel blah. Today I am wearing a more fitted black top and grey pants. The grey pants are semi-new BCBG and they look great on me (if I don't say so myself). The top is an old favorite as well. I like these pieces not only because they fit well but they give me that put together-confident feeling that sometimes you need to rely on your clothes for. Especially with the last two days I have had! :) I like that I can say...well at least I looked cute...(Sorry no pictures still haven't figured out that camera thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment